Riddles about time!
Hickory Dickory Dock, it’s time to check the clock.. because it’s Riddle Time! And this time it is all about time riddles.
Dating from way back, when gadgets and screen-time were not a thing, a classic way to exercise kids’ brains and kill some time, is to get them to solve Riddles! It is all about brain’s logic even when you the easiest or the hardest riddles.
It’s a fun way to test their problem-solving, logic, and critical thinking skills. Plus, it can also be good for their vocabulary improvement and a great activity to spend time as a family. So here comes a lot of time riddles you can use in all time zones!
So here are some fun riddles about time for your kids:
- Why do security guards feel exhausted and weary guarding the Big Ben clock tower?
Because they are all working around the clock
- Dora died at a very old age on her 24th birthday. How can this be?
She was born on February 29th of a leap year
- Round and round I go never stopping in a continuous flow. I hang out with numbers each and every day and nothing ever gets on my way. What am I?
The hands of a clock
- How many birthdays do the average Jehovah Witness’ have?
None, they don’t celebrate birthdays
- What did number 2 say to number 1?
Are you single?
- A clock chimes 5 times in 4 seconds. How many times will it chime in 10 seconds?
11 times. It chimes at zero and then once every second for 10 seconds.
- August was the name of a puppy who was always picking on larger animals. One day he got into an argument with a lion. The next day was the first day of September. Why?
Because that was the last of August.
More hard riddles on time with answers
- Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?
Sure you can name three consecutive days, yesterday, today, and tomorrow!
- During what month do people sleep the least?
February, it’s the shortest month after all.
- Every time you lose something, you always find it in the very last place you would look. Why is this?
It is the last place you would look because once you find it there is no need to keep looking.
- Every time you stand up, you lose this. What is it?
- Had at workday and night, it counts the numbers over and over. Although it counts all its life, it never gets past twelve.
- How many months have 28 days?
All twelve of them
- I add five to nine and get two. The answer is correct, but how?
When it is 9am, add 5 hours to it and you will get 2pm.
More riddles about time
- I am the beginning of the end, as well as the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?
- I never was but always will be. No one ever saw me but everyone knows I exist. I give people the motivation to better themselves everyday. What am I?
- I never was, am always to be,
No one ever saw me, nor ever will
And yet I am the confidence of all
To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.
- The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.
The letter E
- What 4 days of the week start with the letter ‘t’?
Tuesday, Thursday, today and tomorrow.
- What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
The letter “m”
- What goes up but never comes down?
- What has been around for millions of years, but is never more than a month old?
10 more funny riddles about time
- What is a frog’s favorite year?
- What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment and yet never in a thousand years?
The letter M.
- What occurs twice in a week, once in a year but never in a day?
The letter E.
- When is the best time to buy a thermometer?
In the winter, because then it is lower.
- Which day do chickens hate the most?
- Which month has 28 days?
All of them of course!
- Would you have more money with a million dollars today or a penny today and double your money every day for 31 days?
Double your money every day for 31 days
- Yesterday is always before today. But there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?
- Until I am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me when I have flown.
And they keep coming those riddles.
Can you solve the next ones?
- What animal keeps the best time?
A watch dog.
- What flies without wings?
- Why did the pilot sit on her alarm clock?
She wanted to be on time.
- What has hands but cannot clap?
- What stays where it is when it goes off?
An alarm clock!
- What time is it when 10 elephants are chasing you?
Ten to one
- What time is it when you find an elephant in your car?
Time to get a new car!
- What does a clock do when it’s hungry?
It goes back for/four seconds!
- Why did the girl sit on a clock?
To be on time!
Last 10 riddles about time
We are running out of riddles and here you are getting our last 10 riddles about time.
- Why did the clock in the cafeteria run slow?
It always went back four seconds!
- Why was everyone so tired on April 1st?
They had just finished a March of 31 days!
- Why are Saturday and Sunday the strongest days?
Because all the others are weak days!
- What is the shortest month?
May, because it has only 3 letters!
- How many months have 28 days?
All of them!
- How does a witch tell time?
With a witch watch!
- When does a clock strike thirteen?
When it’s broken!
- What day do potatoes hate the most?
- What time is it when an elephant sits on your watch?
Time to get a new watch!
- What did the thief who stole a calendar get?
Thank you for joining me with riddles all around the clock.
Also have a look on these Riddles: