Letting go can be difficult. But sometimes it’s the only thing you can do to get better and get on with your life. Letting go quotes can help you on your way to be brave and take the right decision instead of being stuck in the past.
- As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is a step forward.
- I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.
— Ashley Rickards
- You will never achieve what you are capable of if you’re too attached to things you’re supposed to let go of.
- Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.
— Ginni Rometty
- Sometimes there are things in our lives that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes the changes we don’t want are the changes we need to grow.
- Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
— Daphne Rose Kingma
- Growth and change may be painful sometimes, but nothing in life is as painful as staying stuck where you don’t belong.
- Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
— Hermann Hesse
- The hardest part about growing is letting go of what you were used to, and moving on with something you’re not.
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
— Guy Finley
- Don’t be afraid of change. Change happens for a reason. Roll with it. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
- I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
— Jeffrey McDaniel
- Never let your fear decide your future.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.
– Lao Tzu
- One of the most rewarding moments in life is when you finally find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
- Pain will leave you, when you let go.
— Jeremy Aldana
- Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else to the powers above you.
- There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.
– Jessica Hatchigan
- Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. It could be so much worse.
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.
— Faraaz Kazi
- Some people cannot stand that you’re moving on with your life and so they will try to drag your past to catch up with you. Do not help them by acknowledging their behavior. Keep moving forward.
- Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.
— Steve Maraboli
- No matter how you live, someone will be disappointed. So just live your truth and be sure YOU aren’t the one who is disappointed in the end.
- I think every girl has that a guy she has trouble letting go of.
— Rashida Jones
- Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your attention and who’s just taking advantage of you.
- Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
– Leo Buscaglia
- Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the people and things that hurt you. Be wise enough to walk away from the negativity.
- Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
– Justin Timberlake
- “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.”
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
— Oprah Winfrey
- What you allow is what will continue. It’s better to be lonely than allow negative people and their opinions derail you from your destiny.
- The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
— Steve Maraboli
- One of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your heart.
- Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
— Deborah Reber
- You have to understand that people come and people go. That’s life. Stop holding on to those who have let go of you long ago.
- Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.
- The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to move forward is the happiest.
- There’s a trick to the Graceful Exit. It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over – and to let go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its value.
— Ellen Goodman
- Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Do your best to live in the NOW and make it beautiful.
- It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.
— Angelina Jolie
- Be wise enough to let go when you should and strong enough to hold on when you must.
- Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.
— Stephen King
- Don’t let dumb little things break your happiness. True wealth is the ability to experience and appreciate each moment for what it’s worth.
- I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.
— Gayle Forman
- Life is too short to spend at war with yourself. Practice acceptance and forgiveness. Letting go of yesterday’s troubles is your first step towards happiness today.
- I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.
— Fridtjof Nansen
- Worry gives small things a big shadow. In the end, you can either focus on what’s tearing you apart, or what’s holding you together.
- If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.
— Sarah Dessen
- Old worries are down payments on problems you may never have. Let them go. Today is a NEW beginning; take a deep breath and START AGAIN.
- Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it’s the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. But my hand has been clenched into a fist for three years now; it’s frozen shut.
— Gayle Forman
- There comes a time when you have to stop thinking about your mistakes and move on. No regrets in life – just lessons that show you the way.
- Smile, even when it feels like things are falling apart. Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy; sometimes it simply means you’re strong.
- You can’t let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. Don’t let the silly little dramas of each day get you down.
- I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.
— Turcois Ominek
- The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.
— Tammara Webber
- Change can be good but its always tough to let go of the past
— Emily Giffi
- “It’s time, Perry”. He let her go. She took a step back, taking in his face one last time. His green eyes. The bend in his nose and the scars on his cheek. All the tiny inperfections that made him beautiful. Without a word, she turned and made her way downhill.
— Veronica Rossi
- When you leave,
weary of me,
without a word I shall gently let you go.
— Kim Sowol
- Everything will fall into place eventually. Until then, learn what you can, laugh often, live for the moments, and know it’s all worthwhile.
- They say when you really love someone, you should be willing to set them free. So that is what I am doing. I will step back and you will move on. I will let you go….Your happiness means everything to me. I will listen for your voice in the distance. I will look at the moon. I will keep you in my pocket. I will carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow.
— Tabitha Suzuma
- You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on.
— Winna Efendi
- What happens when you let go, when your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, when there’s nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how you try? Perhaps it’s then, when you have neither pride nor power, that you are saved, brought to an unimaginably great reward.
— Mark Halperin
- When I say I’m going to forget you I know it’s impossible to forget someone I once knew. What I want is to erase you from my thoughts and purge you from my memories. I’m saying it’s what I wish for, not what is or could ever be.
— Donna Lynn Hope
- The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.
— Rebecca Solnit
- No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.
— Alexandra Elle
- Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay.
— Lee Goff
- If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.
— Amit Ray
- You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.
— Mandy Hale
- Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.
— Steve Maraboli
- The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.
— Baltasar Gracián
- It is by giving the freedom to the other, that is by letting go, we gain our own freedom back.
— Aleksandra Ninkovic
- Letting go of someone we love is the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death.
— Goldie Hawn
- You will say good-bye for all the right reasons. You’re tired of living in wait for his apocalypse. You have your own fight on your hands, and though it’s no bigger or more noble than his, it will require all of your energy.
- It’s you who has to hold on to earth. You have to tighten your grip—which means letting go of him.
— Melissa Bank
- Accept the fact that you will grow apart from people you’ve had significant relationships with. Understand when someone no longer positively affects your life. Let them go. Don’t hinder your growth
- If you only knew how to respect my heart, I wouldn’t have found a reason to let you go.
— Jourdane Erasquin
- You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.
— Marta Mrotek
- If someone doesn’t care to accept you, respect you, believe in you, don’t hesitate to move on and let them go. There are many who love and appreciate you just the way you are.
— Amaka Imani Nkosazana
- If love becomes too painful, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self.
— Robert Tew
- The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go.
— Robert Tew
- Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.
— Tere Arigo
- Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.
— Roy Bennett
- Relinquishing control to another person is like death: it’s only scary until it finally happens.
— Agnostic Zetetic
- Let go, or be dragged.
- Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.
— Eleanor Brownn
- There’s no point in arguing and loving someone who doesn’t want to be with you and doesn’t want to keep you in his life.. the real person will try harder to reach out and work for the best and what’s supposed to be done to their relationship.. but things are not so good this time, it’s time to try letting go.
- The bottom line is this; when one person stops being a part of your life, another one will come, and fill that empty space. Leave the ones who left in the past, right where they belong, and never look back.
— Ena Snow
- You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on.
— Sue Fitzmaurice
- You’ve got to know when to let a woman go if you want to keep her,and if you don’t want to keep her you let her go anyhow so it’s always a process of letting go, one way or the other.
— Charles Bukowski
- Sometimes you have to let things go. Sometimes you have to stop caring for a minute.
— Trina Etmanskie
- Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering…
— Hal Tipper
- Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go.
— Wilfred James Dolor
- She let him go once. Every day demands that she release him over and over again.
— Julianna Baggott
- The moment after being let go, when we can finally let it go, is the moment when love once again has hope.
— Brian MacLearn
- Letting go is not getting rid of memories. Memories will stay, they always do. Letting go is making sure that the pain associated with the memories goes away.
— Arti Honrao
- Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.
— Octavia Butler
- You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them…but still move on without them.
— Mandy Hale
Great Letting go quotes
Many more Letting go quotes
The last 15 Letting go quotes
Letting go of your childhood, your thoughts or just someone you care about. It does not matter, this is probably the most difficult thing you will experience and at the same time go through many different emotions. In most cases, it is smart just to let go. That way you will get on with your life. I hope these quotes could be of some help to you.