Steve Jobs has given us revolutionary technology as iphones, ipods and more. He was a great leader who could get others to see and live out his vison and passion. Read many great Steve Jobs quotes right here.
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “I think we’re having fun. I think our customers really like our products. And we’re always trying to do better.“
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it”.
- “So we went to Atari and said, ‘Hey, we’ve got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we’ll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we’ll come work for you.’ And they said, ‘No.’ So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, ‘Hey, we don’t need you. You haven’t got through college yet.”
- “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
- “I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…. It’s very character-building.”
- “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles”.
- “Every good product I’ve ever seen is because a group of people cared deeply about making something wonderful that they and their friends wanted. They wanted to use it themselves.”
- “What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It’s the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds.”
- “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
- “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things”.
- “It’s better to be a pirate than to join the navy.”
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations”.
- “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
- “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become”.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
- “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next”.
- “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected”.
- “Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.”
- “When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through”.
- “Life is about creating and living experiences that are worth sharing.”
- “That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple”.
- “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently-they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition”.
- “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful. That’s what matters to me”.
- “You know, my main reaction to this money thing is that it’s humorous, all the attention to it, because it’s hardly the most insightful or valuable thing that’s happened to me.”
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do”.
- “Bottom line is, I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence”.
- “We’re just enthusiastic about what we do”.
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life”.
- “What is Apple, after all? Apple is about people who think ‘outside the box,’ people who want to use computers to help them change the world, to help them create things that make a difference, and not just to get a job done”.
- “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something”.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance”.
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart”.
- “Things don’t have to change the world to be important”.
- “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them”.
- “I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed”.
- “Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life”.
- “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each others’ negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts”.
- “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time”.
Motivating Steve jobs quotes
More Steve jobs quotes
Here is a video with some amazing quotes by Steve Jobs (Created by Alltimes10s)
Steve Jobs never gave up, even with many obstacles. Hanm continued to struggle to achieved what he saw that would change our world for the better. Steve Jobs unfortunately died of cancer back in 2011, we may thank him for the many great things we have today.