Depressing quotes are not here to make you depressed. They have another way to show you things about life, love and death. Depression is an illness that can be quite hard to see. Here are the quotes that can give you advice and hint to what you should look for.
- “The difference between you and me is that when you wake up, your nightmare ends.”
- “It is always darkest before it becomes completely black!.”
- “You’re just another picture to burn.”
- “I get lost inside my mind.”
- “EveryBody Lies.”
- “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.”
- “Son, your life’s an open book ,don’t close it before it’s done.”
- “People don’t get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there’s nothing any of us can do about it.”
- “It’s always worse than it seems.”
- “Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother’s was worth a pocket watch.” ― Ruta Sepetys
- “Our bodies break down, sometimes when we’re 90, sometimes before we’re even born, but it always happens and there’s never any dignity in it. I don’t care if you can walk, see, wipe your own ass. It’s always ugly. Always. You can live with dignity, we can’t die with it.”
- “The only thing standing between me and total happiness is reality.”
- “The world’s a roller coaster and I am not strapped in.”
- “If there is a God,he will have to beg my forgiveness”
- “Dear Past, stop tapping me on the shoulders, I don’t wanna look back.”
- “Trust is like a paper. Once it’s crumbled, it can never be perfect again.”
- “Leaning against my father, the sadness finally broke open inside me, hollowing out my heart and leaving me bleeding. My feet felt rooted in the dirt. There were more than two bodies buried here. Pieces of me that I didn’t even know were under the ground. Pieces of dad, too.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson
- “People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.“
Can’t get enough of depression quotes. Then read on:
A huge list with Depressing quotes
- “From the moment we are born, we begin to die.”
- “I have spent my entire life making people happy all they do is make me sad.”
- “No amount of sleep in the world could cure the tiredness I feel.”
- “I’m just trying to say that it should reassure us that the inevitable traumas of being human do end up producing some good. Otherwise, the human condition is overwhelmingly depressing.” Malcolm Gladwell
- “Sometimes happy memories hurts the most.”
- “I don’t think I can truly express my pain.”
- “Some wounds never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”
- “Some of the most painful scars: the ones that hurt the most are the scars that can’t be seen.”
- He saw you.
He met you.
He wanted you.
He liked you.
He chased you.
He got you.
He had you.
He got bored
and he left.
- “Life is alright but the pain doesn’t stop.”
- “I like singer-songwriters, and I find sad songs comforting rather than depressing. It makes you realise you’re not alone in the world.” (Natalie Imbruglia)
- “She’s in Hell – battling demons she will never defeat”
- “Maybe I lied when I said I was ok.”
- “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life. Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is! The saddest thing is when you are feeling really down, you look around and realize that there is no shoulder for you. The word ‘happiness’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” Carl Gustav Jung
- “You’re scared to tell people how much it hurts, so you keep it all to yourself.”
- “I just wanna be happy.”
- “I hate getting flashbacks from things that I don’t want to remember.”
- “You were the most important person of my life and you ruined me.”
- “Everytime people ask me if I’m okay, it’s just a reminder that I’m not.”
- “As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.” ― Tabitha Suzuma
- “Trust is like a sticker. Once it is removed, it may stick again. But not as strong as it holds when first applied.”
If you are interested in sad anime quotes take a look at this article on precisely Sad Anime Quotes.
And the depressing quotes continue like a waterfall of misery
- “It’s getting harder to hide pain.”
- “None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.”
- “There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, ‘There now, hang on, you’ll get over it.’ Sadness is more or less like a head cold- with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer.” (Barbara Kingsolver)
- “Instead of wiping your tears, wipe away the people who create them.”
- “I dream because there’s no other way I could see it happen”
- “Why does it always rain on me?”
- “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and for deeds left undone.”
- “If I do something that depresses, it’s not because I’m depressed, but because political life and history are depressing.” (Anselm Kiefer)
- “For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.'” (John Greenleaf Whittier)
- “I need a break from the loneliness that is totally consuming me.”
- “All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!”
- “It doesn’t hurt to feel sad from time to time.”
- “Deep inside where nothing’s fine, I’ve lost my mind.”
- “Y’all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die.”
- “Where is my chance to be somebody’s Peter Van Houten?’ He hit the steering wheel weakly, the car honking as he cried. He leaned his head back, looking up. ‘I hate myself I hate myself I hate this I hate this I disgust myself I hate it I hate it I hate it just let me f ck ng die.” (John Green)
- “I’m busy saving everybody else when I can’t even save myself.”
- “She can paint a pretty picture but this story has a twist. The paintbrush is a razor and the canvas is her wrist.”
- ”Monsters don’t sleep under your bed, they scream inside of your head.”
- “Death comes to us all; we can only choose how to face it when it comes.”
- You smile but you are not really happy-
You ask but you do not want to know.
You talk but you are not saying anything.
You laugh but you don’t find it funny.
You cry but you don’t feel anything.
You get up but you are not really awake.
You sleep but you are not getting any rest.
You are alive but you are not really living.
- “The fog of daily living is like a cage without a key.”
- “I think I’m afraid to be happy because whenever I get too happy, something bad always happens.”
- “I can’t think of anything more disheartening than living a life without a clear purpose.”
- “If I let myself care,
All I feel is pain”
- “There is no greater sorrow than to recall the misery in time we were happy.”
- “I wanted to find one law to cover all of living. I found fear.”
- I tried
- “I just wanna feel okay again.”
- “People aren’t born sad; we make them that way.”
- “I sleep to escape from reality.”
Depressing quotes about death
These quotes can be really sad. We are touching one of the most fragile topics between human and society. Death.
- “Would you cry if I wasn’t around anymore?”
- “Death seems more inviting than Life”
- “Birth is nothing but the beginning of Death”
- Life asked Death: “Why does people love me, while they hate you?”
Death answered: “Because you are a beautifull Lie and I’m a painful Truth!”
- “Why play a Game you are going to lose anyway”
- “Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.”
- “Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, to be we know not what, we know not where.”
- “In the long run, we are all dead.”
- “We come and cry and that is life, we cry and go and that is death.”
Depression quotes about being a failure
- “Because if I were to die you wouldn’t care. Neither would I!”
- “My only relief is to sleep.
When I am Sleeping;
I am not Sad,
I am not Angry,
I am not Lonely;
I am Nothing.”
- “The past cannot be undone”
- “Every one cares when it is to late”
- “And then it all started to fall apart…. Again!”
More about depression quotes below but now on love.
Depressing quotes about love
- “You were as kind as you could be, and even though you’re gone, you still mean the world to me.”
- “It sounds depressing, but I think when you truly love someone, you’ll never stop loving them.” (Sam Smith)
- “The only thing that stands between happiness and me is reality.”
- “It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word. We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard.”
- “Walking alone is not really difficult. But what is more difficult is walking a mile with someone only to come back alone.”
- “There is a distinct, awful pain that comes with loving someone more than they love you. “
- “I will wait for you till the day I can forget you or till the day you realize you cannot forget me.”
- “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.”
- “Where there is love there is pain.”
- “There is certainly a distinct and awful pain that comes with loving someone more than they have loved you.”
- “You gave me wings to fly, then took away my sky.”
- “Since the day you left, I have been so depressed and cannot even put myself to sleep. I am absolutely tired of crying. You might see me smiling, but deep inside me, I am dying.”
- “Never love with all your heart, it only ends in breaking.”
And now to depression quotes on being alone.
Depressing quotes on being alone
- “Loneliness is and always has been the central and inevitable experience of every man.”
- “And in the end all I learned was how to be strong… Alone.”
- “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
- “Forget or politics or religion, loneliness is the subject that clears out a room.”
- “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.”
- “It’s easy to stand with the crowd it takes courage to stand alone”
- “Maybe everybody in the whole damn world is scared of each other.”
- “Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”
- “If you’re lonely when you’re alone, you’re in bad company.”
- “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.”
- “Sometimes life is too hard to be alone and sometimes life is too good to be alone.”
- “Being alone never felt right. Sometimes it felt good, but it never felt right.”
- “The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.”
- “I’m falling apart right in front of your eyes but you don’t even see me.”
- “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.”
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.”
- “I was very often full of rage and despair. I was always lonely. In spite of all that I was and am in love with life.”
- “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” Danielle Carson
Here you can see our ventriloquist video on depressing quotes about being alone:
Sad quotes about life and pain
- “Everything is going to be alright. Maybe not today but eventually.”
- “There are two types of pains, one that hurts you and the other that changes you.”
- “A million words would not bring you back, I know because I tried, neither would a million tears, I know because I cried.”
- “Emotionally: I’m done.
Mentally: I’m drained.
Spiritually: I’m dead.
Physically: I smile.”
- “Emotionally: I’m done.
- “Just because I’m strong enough to handle pain, doesn’t mean I deserve it.”
- “Life hurts a lot more than death.”
- “Behind every beautiful thing, there’s some kind of pain.”
- “Sometimes change is for the better, and sometimes it’s not.”
- “Pain and death are a part of life. To reject them is to reject life itself.”
- “It’s hard to answer the question: “What is wrong?” when nothing’s right.”
- “I was the one who loved you even thoug you gave me a thousand reasons not to.”
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.”
- “Pain is the only thing that’s telling me, that I’m still alive.”
Many more depressing quotes
- “There is nothing more depressing than toast that no one eats.”
- “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!”
- “No one cares. They’re just pretending.”
- “A smile is just the contortion of a face”
- “The only thing worse then being hated is being ignored…”
- “You ultimately become the one/what you hate.”
- “No really I’m fine.”
- “I’m busy saving everybody else when I can’t even save myself”
- “I’ll be alright. One day. Someday. Just not today.”
- “That was another lesson I had learned perhaps too well: people meant pain.”
- “You can see many smiles everyday, but you can never know whose world is actually upside down.”
- “To love and not be loved; is to die and not be dead.”
- “I’m broken.”
- “Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh” (Danielle Carson)
- “It’s a wonderful life if you can find it.”
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
- “Sometimes I feel so alone in the world. A tiny speck of nothing in a sea of emptiness.”
- Sad hurts but it’s a healthy feeling.” ( J. K. Rowling)
- “I forgive a lot, but I never forget what’s said and done.”
- “Accept that you’re just a product, not a gift.”
- “Everything is a battle, every breath is a war, and I don’t think i’m winning anymore.”
- “People say I’m the life of the party Because I tell a joke or two. Although I might be laughing loud and hearty, Deep inside I’m blue. So take a good look at my face. You’ll see my smile looks out of place If you look closer, it’s easy to trace The tracks of my tears.”
- “What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter – a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue.” (Henri Matisse)
- “I am not me anymore.”
- “My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.” ― Jandy Nelson
- “In the darkness I had to fall always find my place among the ashes.”
- “Smiling has always been easier than explaining why you’re sad.”
- “I wont cry, it’ll be fine. i’ll take my last breath. push it out my chest ’til there’s nothing left.”
- “To a profound pessimist about life, being in danger is not depressing.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
And there is stille room for a few more depression quotes.
Last 10 sad depressing quotes
- “I draw with silver and it turns red.”
- “No one can keep his griefs in their prime; they use themselves up.”
- “You knew exactly what you were doing, that’s what hurts the most.”
- “Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
- “It sucks when you know that you need to let go but you can’t…”
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
- “Life sucks, and then you die.”
- “To forgive is to set the prisoner free, and then discover the prisoner was you.”
- “Sometimes, you gotta pretend everything is okay.”
- “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”
- ” Now the standard cure for one who is sunk is to consider those in actual destitution or physical suffering—this is an all-weather beatitude for gloom in general and fairly salutary day-time advice for everyone. But at three o’clock in the morning, a forgotten package has the same tragic importance as a death sentence, and the cure doesn’t work—and in a real dark night of the soul it is always three o’clock in the morning, day after day.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
Here is a video with sad depressing quotes (Created by TypeLyrics)
Many are these sad depressing quotes can be a bit heavy and dark. Your job is to see what is behind them, these quotes have a certain sense, do not just read them but understand and feel them.
Find more quotes on the-quotes.com
We have so much more than depression quotes. Below is a big list of different types of quotes.