It’s always tough for both partners with a breakup. Nothing is forever, many couples breakup based on misunderstandings or different interests. These quotes can soothe your sorrow after a breakup.
- Love starts with a hug, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- After a breakup, it takes a couple weeks for the fog to settle, but it’s always a period of self-priority and growth. Life presents you with so many decisions. A lot of times, they’re right in front of your face and they’re really difficult, but we must make them.
- ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Love is like quicksand…The further you fall in, the harder it is to get out.
- Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.
- If you really love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours, if not it wasn’t meant to be.
- I tell people this: It’s hard to write about walking in the park, but it’s easy to write about a breakup.
- No boy is worth your TEARS, and the one who IS, will NEVER make you CRY.
- You have to forgive to forget, and forget, to feel again.
- Why do I keep coming back to you?
Because I am a fool who believes in hope.
- Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
- Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.
- New clothes are a great way to deal after a breakup. A good mix CD also helps you get through it and… you know, 72 hours of ice cream.
- Some day you’ll cry for me.
Like I cried for you.
Some day you’ll miss me.
Like I miss you.
Some day you’ll need me.
Like I needed you.
Some day you’ll Love me.
But I won’t Love you.
- The hardest part about breaking up is letting go of the last piece of your heart.
- Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.
- There is one thing I would break up over, and that is if she caught me with another woman. I won’t stand for that.
- Don’t trust too much, don’t love too much, don’t care too much because that ‘too much’ will hurt you so much!
- One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.
- The loss of love is not nearly as painful as our resistance to accepting it is.
- What do you do when the only one who can make you stop crying is the one who made you cry?
- Love is like a weapon it can be the only thing that is keeping you alive in this world or it can be the thing that will kill you later.
- Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.
- Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.
- Why do you have to break up with her? Be a man. Just stop calling.
- Don’t be so quick to give your heart away because someone will take it and throw it away.
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
- The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.
- I wish i were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.
- I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy.
I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry.
I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.
- I can still love an ex as a person, regardless if the breakup was bad. I would never wish anything negative on them. It takes more energy to hate them than to wish them well.
- Love only one girl or boy at a time. Or break up with the person. DO NOT CHEAT!
- I don’t miss him, I miss who I thought he was.
- Nothings worse, is to see them two together, knowing I will never have him/her again.
- We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
- The male is always the pawn in a romantic comedy. Come together, break up, go chase her, get her, roll credits. That’s what happens in all of them.
- It hurts to say goodbye to someone you love but it’s the best for both of us to move on.
- Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.
- Sometimes when you’re with somebody, and all their stuff is at your house, it’s so hard to break up with them.
- When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.
- I realise there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
- I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.
- When trees burn, they leave the smell of heartbreak in the air.
- Americans, who make more of marrying for love than any other people, also break up more of their marriages, but the figure reflects not so much the failure of love as the determination of people not to live without it.
- It’s an unwritten rule – girl friends’ boyfriends are off limits, even after they break up.
- Break-ups are hard for anybody, but it’s particularly tough when it’s being documented and you see the person’s picture everywhere. Most people don’t have that added problem when they break up with someone.
- Even on my weakest days I get a little bit stronger.
- If you break up with your partner, go straight to the studio. You’re going to make great music.
- Missing you isn’t what hurts. It’s knowing that I had you that’s killing me.
- If you break up with a girlfriend or a boyfriend, you’re in this vulnerable state where you’re still kind of half in the relationship with them, but you’re single, and it takes a while to feel solid in yourself again.
- Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.
- I break up very well. I am a good breaker-upper.
- A break up is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself to fix it.
- If you’re going through hell, keep going.
- Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.
- When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
- Just because I let you go, doesn’t mean I wanted to.
- The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.
- Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.
- Whats the point in second chances when people will never change?
- Don’t cry because it’s over, SMILE because it happened.
- It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
- What’s that line from TS Eliot? To arrive at the place where you started, but to know it for the first time. I’m able to write about a breakup from a different place. Same brokenness. Same rock-bottom. But a little more informed, now I’m older. Thank God for growing up.
- Where there is LOVE, there is HURT.
- Turn your wounds into wisdom.
- Having the love of your life break up with you and say we can still be friends is like your dog dying and your mom saying you can still keep him.
- Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That, and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.
- Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts!
- You can love someone so much. But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.
- The spaces between your fingures were created so someone else’s could fill them.. And after a break- up we realize that that persons didn’t fit the way it was supposed too.
Many Breakup quotes
More Breakup quotes
The last 10 Breakup quotes
Here is a video with more Breakup quotes (Created by Eternal Love Doesn´t Exist…)
It can be quite hard to move on after a break up. But remember that time heals all wounds. Yes your emotions are in turmoil, you will do anything to get that person back, but sometimes it’s best to breakup and move on.